This is one of the crispy homemade babybel cheese dippers that I always crave all the time. This goes hand in hand with potato skins baked in an oven. Giving it the first bite will offer you a delicious crispy outer coating that is followed with a closely soft and gooey as well as cheesy middle. You can serve this with a homemade sauce of marinara for the whole family appetizer.
How to Prepare Cheese Sticks?
Bear with me, those who have tried to make cheese sticks are not that easier. First and foremost is to purchase the cheese strings but not just mozzarella because it will not melt that quickly like a regular cheese. This mixture of corn-starch can be a bit messy and you will feel like it’s a lot but this keeps your cheese inside.
Ingredients For Babybel Cheese Dippers:
- Flour (a half cup)
- Corn starch (1/2 cup)
- Two eggs
- Olive oil (two tablespoons)
- bread crumbs (3/4 cup) most preferred Italian
- bread crumbs (1/2 cup) should be panko
Guidelines For Babybel Cheese Dippers:
- First and foremost we are going to cut each in half. Then our mixture is going to freeze for two hours or until you see it completely frozen.
- In this step, we are going to mix flour and corn-starch in a small bowl. In another small dish, we combine the panko bread crumbs and Italian. Whisk the egg and olive oil in a third bowl until it’s well combined.
- The next step is to dip every cheese stick halfway and gently roll it over the mixture of the flour.
- Put back the cheese stick into the mixture of egg and roll on the flour mixture until it’s fully covered. Next is to place into crumbs of bread as you continue squeezing the crumbs on every piece of cheese to ensure it’s fully coated so that it doesn’t have a leakage.
- While the oil is preheating, place it in a freezer. Ensure to preheat the oil under 350 degrees. The oil should be hot enough in a way that few crumbs will bubble immediately when dropped into that oil.
- For around two minutes, drop the breaded cheese sticks into your hot oil until browned. The cheese will leak out if you overcook them.
Together with pasta sauce serve it while hot.