Ingredients For Easy Sausage Rolls
- Half tablespoon olive oil
- two cloves garlic should be minced
- one brown onion
- one celery stalk
- 150 g bacon
- two tablespoon fennel seeds
- one lb. or 500g pork mince
- A three-quarter cup or 40g panko breadcrumbs.
- one egg
- half tablespoon salt
- black pepper
For baking and serving
- Two and a half sheets puff pastry.
- One egg
- ketchup or tomato sauce
- Over a medium-high heat let’s heat our oil in a pan. Ensure the pan is non-stick. We sauté the garlic as well as onion and celery for around two minutes and then we add bacon.
- Ensuring that our bacon doesn’t turn golden, we cook further for 2 more minutes then transfer the content into the bowl and bring it to cool for around 10 minutes.
- Into our bowl let’s add the remaining filling ingredients and use your hand to mix well.
- Our next step is to layout the pastry shaped rectangle with the edge closest to you. Along one edge we brush with our eggs.
- Get half of the shape as well as filling into a log that is long. Shape down the pastry middle. Make sure the meat is that tight as well as a compact that is without gaps.
- We brush the edge of the pastry with our egg rolling up ending with the side down of our seam. Continue rolling up edge sealing with eggs wash on it.
- Refrigerate for one hour if you have enough time
- To cook this we are going to preheat our oven up to 350 degrees.
- We cut into equal length our log, or maybe two if you need a size that is full rolls. Ensure to brush with some egg.
- On two baking trays, a place lined with two papers for baking or you can also spray with oil. For around 30 to 35 minutes, in swapping tray shelves until you see pastry turn golden brown.
- Cool it slightly on the tray and serve it hot or even warm with ketchup alternatively use tomato sauce.
Finally your frozen sausage rolls are ready!