To start a day healthily, a breakfast porridge recipe is the best option for you. Porridge recipe is one of the most exciting and beloved dishes in the world. It is great for health as it is loaded with healthy fiber and several micronutrients.
Additionally, It gives you the energy to fuel your daily active lifestyle. For many families, this recipe is an integral part of their morning routine. When you mix this recipe with other healthy ingredients, you will find it more adaptable and exciting.
Do you fall back on cereals and bored with your daily breakfast? No worries! Here you got a simple recipe just in 5 minutes. If you and your husband are getting late from the office or kids from school, this easy and fast recipe is here for you to rescue.
Porridge Recipe for Breakfast in 5 minutes:
You can prepare and cook a bowl of porridge for yourself in just less than 5 minutes. Porridge recipe is a blend of nutrients that prepares your body for the hectic day. All you need is just simple, good, and real ingredients.
Ingredients of Porridge Breakfast Recipe:
Following are the ingredients that we will be using to make our super-fast bowl of porridge:
Total Time: 5 Minutes All you need is:
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 cup unsweetened almond or dairy milk
- ½ tablespoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 2 bananas
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
Instructions For Cooking Porridge Recipe :
- Measure out the oats and the milk in a small saucepan and then add vanilla extract if you are using it.
- Turn heat to medium or high
- Bring the mixture of oat and milk to boil and then turn the heat down to lower or medium flame
- Then stir the mixture for around 2 to 3 minutes as the oat and milk thickens
- Keep stirring the mixture
- Once you get your desired consistency, turn off the flame
- Serve with sliced or chopped bananas and sprinkle chia seeds or top with your favorite fruits
- Enjoy your delicious, steady fast, and full of nutrition porridge as your breakfast meal!
Why Choose This Recipe?
Hence there are several potential benefits of porridge and this is a great breakfast option for anyone wanting to reduce the risks of diseases. So Following are some of the reasons that indicate why one has to include porridge in his /her daily routine:
- Porridge is relatively low in calories
- It is fortified with nutrients and has a significant amount of calcium and phosphorus which benefit your bone health
- This recipe is highly adaptable for your diet
- It helps in regulating appetite because it is an excellent source of complex carbohydrates that are slow to release their energy
- It helps in boosting the immune system
- This protects from cardiovascular diseases
Ideas for porridge toppings
This recipe is super quick and completely customizable when it comes to toppings. So Give your porridge a unique flavor with tasty topping ideas. Below are some of the ideas for porridge toppings:
Maple squash and Blueberry topping
Jazz up this easy porridge recipe with maple squash and blueberry topping.
Creamy Yogurt, walnut, and cinnamon topping
Make your porridge creamy by adding a creamy yogurt and sprinkling walnuts and cinnamon over it.
Banana colada topping
Banana is a rich source of potassium and other nutrients. Slice or chop it on the cooked for a healthy breakfast.
Beetroot, apple, and cranberry topping
You could also add sliced beetroot, apples, and cranberry for a delicious porridge breakfast.
Strawberries and Blueberries
Make your porridge a little colorful by adding strawberries and blueberries to it.
Chopped dates and almonds
If you are looking for a crunchy topping then these chopped dates and almond topping is for you.
Walnuts and sunflower seeds
Walnuts and sunflower seeds look pretty over your cooked porridge. However, they are also packed with nutrients.
Hope that this super easy and quick 5-minute recipe will ease the burdens of mommies in the morning.