We are discussing quick Lunch recipes for good health. Eating healthy food is expensive because fresh fruits and vegetables are more expensive than farm crops. If we talk about an American plate, it lacks in nutritious food which ultimately leads to major health problems like obesity and diabetes.
According to the Center for Science in the Public Interest, unhealthy food is the leading cause of death in the USA. It contributes to approximately 678,000 deaths each year due to obesity-related and nutrition-related diseases like heart disease, cancer, and type 2 diabetes.
You don’t need to spend a lot of money on your quick lunch recipes however you can eat delicious and healthy lunch at just $5. There are several budget-friendly dishes that will give you potential nutrients that are needed for your body. If you are also looking for a delicious and budget-friendly recipe then this article is for you.
Chicken Yakisoba Noodles with Vegetables
This delicious Japanese noodle dish is perfect for your lunch if you are looking for a budget-friendly recipe. This dish is packed with chicken and veggies with a flavorful sauce.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total required time: 30 minutes
Ingredients for Quick Lunch Recipes:
Following are the ingredients that are used in making Yakisoba noodles:
- ½ green cabbage
- 1 onion
- 2 carrots
- 1 crown broccoli
- 1-inch ginger
- 1 large chicken breast
- 2 packets of ramen noodles
- ¼ cup of soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- At first, prepare the chicken and vegetables for stir-frying.
- Chopped the carrots and peel the ginger.
- Remove the core from the cabbage and cut it into strips
- Chopped the onion
- Cut the broccoli into bite-size pieces
- Slice the chicken breast into thin strips
- Take a medium pot and bring water to boil in it.
- Heat all the cut and chopped vegetables on the griddle over a medium-low flame
- Meanwhile, add noodles into the water and cook them for 2 to 3 minutes
- Once the noodles are cooked, add sauté vegetables into noodles and add sesame oil in it to avoid sticking
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, ketchup, sriracha, and sugar. Use only 1/2 teaspoon of sriracha if you don’t want it spicy, use up to 1 Tablespoon if you like it hot.
- Stir until the ketchup and sugar are dissolved. Pour the sauce into the skillet with the chicken and vegetables with the heat still on medium-high.
- Add the noodles and stir to coat everything in the sauce, and heat through (just a few minutes)
Your Chicken Yakisoba Noodles with Veggies are ready for your lunch.
One serving of Chicken Yakisoba Noodles with Veggies contains:
- 354 kcal
- 34 g carbohydrates
- 28 g proteins
- 15 g fat
- 1314 mg sodium
- 7.27 g fiber